The Expat's Guide is a great resource for expats who are settling into the South Netherlands! There is both a Brabant and a Maastricht Region edition. The welcome guide is available for free at the expat center, and is also available to view or download from this page.
- About Holland Expat Center South
- Introduction to the Netherlands and Brabant/the Maastricht Region
- Formalities: Moving, Residence Permit, Work Permit, BSN, and Driver's License
- Housing: Dutch Housing, Renting, Buying a House, Deciding Where to Live, Moving, Utilities, Waste and Recycling
- Taxation Finance & Insurance: The 30% Tax Facility, Tax Returns, Tax Benefits, Bank Accounts, Debit Card, ChipKnip, Credit Cards, Health Insurance, Private Insurances, Social Security
- Education & Careers: The Dutch Educational System, International Education, Childcare, Further Education & Careers for Partners, Language Courses
- Personal & Social Needs: Dutch Manners, Understanding the Dutch Healthcare System, Religion, Transport, Expat Networks & Social Clubs
- Culture & Leisure: Holidays in the Netherlands, Culture, Shopping, Special Events, Activities for Children, Sports, Trips Outside of Brabant
- Checklists: The Preparation Phase, Upon Arrival, Settling In, Packing Lists
More Information: Consulates and Embassies; Town Halls and Community Websites in Brabant; Useful Search Terms; and Useful Telephone Numbers
Read the Maastricht Region Edition online!
Read the Brabant Edition online!