In most of the major cities, the city centre is a good place to go shopping. You will find all kinds of small boutiques and clothing stores here. Even in the smaller villages, shopping can be a nice pastime because they usually feature more specialist shops in a cosy entourage.
Shops are open as follows:
- Monday from 1 pm to 6 pm
- Tuesday to Friday: 9 am to 6 pm (although most shops open at 10 am)
- In Maastricht and Tilburg, shops are open on Thursday night until 9 pm (‘koopavond’, late night shopping)
- In Eindhoven, shops are open on Friday night until 9 pm
- Saturdays from 9 am to 5-6 pm
- Shops are closed on public holidays such as New Year's Day, Carnival Monday and Tuesday (Shrove Tuesday), Easter Monday, Whit Monday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Next page|Previous page
Print this page