European Health Insurance Card

European citizens travelling within the European Economic Area, whether for private or professional reasons, have the right to be issued with a European Health Insurance Card by their public health care insurer. This new card simplifies the procedure for receiving any medical assistance that might become necessary during a temporary stay in another EU/EEA country.

You can apply for an EU Health Insurance Card by your public health care insurer or other relevant authority in your home country. The issuer of the card decides for how long you can use the card, i.e. how long your stay abroad should last to be called temporary.





Sluiten x

Hulp nodig?

Aarzel niet om een vraag te stellen of kom langs bij het Expat Center!

We zijn hier om je te helpen!