Household Contents Insurance

A popular insurance in the Netherlands is Inboedelverzekering (Household Contents Insurance), which covers damage to your household goods caused by fire, burglary, explosion, storms, water, and various other factors. The sum insured will usually be subject to average so it is important that your sum insured is up-to-date.


Residential Premises Insurance

Expats who have bought a house in the Netherlands are obliged to take out a Residential Premises Insurance. This is a condition to get a mortgage. If you have bought an apartment, your homeowners association should provide the insurance. Otherwise, you have to arrange this insurance yourself.


The owners of furnished rented properties usually pay the Residential Premises Insurance for expats renting a house or apartment, but tenants could still need to take out Household Contents Insurance for their personal possessions (household content). Check this with the owner.





Sluiten x

Hulp nodig?

Aarzel niet om een vraag te stellen of kom langs bij het Expat Center!

We zijn hier om je te helpen!