Leaving the Netherlands

This information is valid for those who are choosing to leave the Netherlands voluntarily. 

  • It is important that you leave the Netherlands on time: before your residence permit is no longer valid. If your residence permit is no longer valid, you are no longer entitled to stay.
  • Deregister at your local City Hall. Please note that this cannot be done at Holland Expat Center South. City Hall will inform your health insurance and the tax office, on your behalf. You must terminate all other contracts yourself.
  • Return your residence document before you leave the Netherlands. Hand it in at the IND desk in your region or send it to:
    IND Bureau Documenten
    P.O. Box 7025
    8007 HA Zwolle

Make the document invalid before mailing it by making a cut in it or perforating it, but do not cut the document in half.





Previous pageNext page

Close x

Need assistance?

Please feel free to send us your question or stop by the Expat Center!

We are happy to assist you!